Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Promoter Osvaldo Rivero assures Julaton's safety in Argentina

After concerns from Philippine boxing fans regarding 3-time women's boxing World Champion Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton (10-2-1), who is set to defend her WBO super bantamweight crown in Argentina against undefeated Yesica Marcos (18-0-1) on March 16, Julaton's promoter Allan Tremblay advised this scribe about the lengths they have gone to assure a fair fight and the Philippine contingent's safety.

On top of ensuring the presence of neutral officials for the contest under the sanctioning of the WBO, Tremblay wrote Argentinian promoter Osvaldo Rivero, the same promoter for the infamous brawl that went down in Argentina after Johnriel Casimero beat Luis Lazarte for the IBF Interim jr. flyweight crown, about his concerns. Tremblay shared to me Rivero's letter in response written in Spanish, which I have loosely translated below.

As for Julaton, the incident only fired up her competitive spirit even more. "I'm really excited about fighting in Argentina. All of it just gets me amped up, it's really getting me juiced about it," Julaton told me when she stopped by dBoxing Source Radio show.

“I want to show the Boxing World that I will fight anyone, anywhere at any time and will do my utmost to represent the proud Filipina Nation in the great traditions that they come to expect," a determined Julaton said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADS